Macomb Intermediate School District, in
cooperation with its local districts,
maintains a comprehensive data management
system of all special education eligible
individuals, ages birth-25. This Registry
Of Special Education Students
is familiarly known as ROSES.
Information is collected to meet state
and federal pupil accounting requirements.
This information also helps in the
day-to-day management of special education
programs and services.
MISD responsibilities include:
- Development, revision and maintenance
of the ROSES system.
- Staff training, both MISD and local
districts, on procedures and
requirements for the use and maintenance
of this computerized system.
- Development and distribution of a
"ROSES Help System" that
includes specific information on the use
and operation of the computer program.
- Collection of ROSES data from
districts for submission to the State of
Michigan Single Record Student Database
Districts that operate special education
programs maintain the most current
information about students with
LOCAL DISTRICT data management efforts
- Adding or deleting students based on
- Making corrections and/or revisions in
student records as programs and services
are changed through the IEPT process.
- Preparing reports useful to
administrative and instructional staff.
- Maintaining security at the district
level of all ROSES data.
- Regularly backing up ROSES to prevent
the loss or corruption of data.
- Submitting data on a regular basis to
the MISD for pupil accounting purposes.
- Providing MISD with suggestions on
improving ROSES to meet district needs.
- Providing Special Education data to
the Michigan Single Records Student
Monitoring for Data
As part of our Federal Count and Single
Records Student Data submission
responsibilities, the MISD error-checks all
required Registry of Special Education
Students items for completeness and