•  Address:
    44001 Garfield Road
    Clinton Township, MI
  •  Building Maps

CTE Program Requirements

C01 - Teacher Certification

State approved CTE programs must be instructed by an occupationally certified instructor or an industry professional covered by an ACA.  Details found at the links below:

C02- Professional Development

CTE Instructors must have industry related professional development (in their subject area) a minimum of once every five years.  

C06 - Program Advisory/Equipment

CTE programs are required to form and maintain a robust Advisory Committee.  The purpose of this committee is to serve as a steering board for new curriculum and advise on industry trends.  It is also the role of the Advisory Committee to ensure all equipment and resources are up to date and relevant.  CTE programs hold a minimum of two advisory committee meetings per school year.  For more information on CTE Advisory Committees refer to the Toolkit linked below:

C10 - Program Standards

Content standards are set by the Office of Career & Technical Education as they continually review/revise in partnership with educators and industry.  It is important that all CTE programs map to their most recent standards as well as identify how a students move through those standards via their instructional design.  Additional components of high quality CTE include industry specific safety training and opportunities for students to demonstrate leadership as well as participate in work-based learning.  Helpful links include:

C13 - Elimination of Barriers

Enrollment in CTE is open to all students.  

C16 - Postsecondary Alignment

Career & Technical Education programs are mapped to post-secondary options as well as several of them leading to post-secondary articulated credit.  CTE programs in Macomb County are continually working with Macomb Community College to strengthen these articulation agreements.  Many of our districts have additional post-secondary partners that are not listed here.  For a full list of your districts articulation agreements please contact your district directly.