Count Date Note:
If you need to
change your count date in MISDmsds, select File>Change Count Date
then enter the date that is appropriate
for your district.
Complete the registration form to make
sure you are notified of updates to the program.
Please close all applications
before installing MISDmsds
NOTE: There is
now only one installer for MISDmsds. For your convenience, we developed
an installer which works on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems to eliminate
any confusion and any potential issues that may arise from attempting to
install a version that is not compatible with your computer system.
NOTE: The data validation report
includes errors from all collections. Please verify errors by
looking for red fields in the collection you are currently working
Save the program to your local
machine, run it, and follow the directions to install. If you have
suggestions for the installation that you think would be helpful to
include on this page please email
and share your thoughts.
In order to use the program you will need to have administrative
rights on the local machine, be set up as a Power User or have a profile
that allows you to create and delete folders in the location where the
program is installed. The default install location is:
(or use the link below) to fill out the registration form if you are
interested in being contacted via email regarding software availability
and future updates.
MISDmsds software distribution, usage, and support terms:
This version of the copyrighted software product MISDmsds is being
provided for free, unlimited use. If distributed to others, it
must be distributed in it's complete form as received, with no
modifications. This version of the copyrighted software product is
provided "as-is", with no explicit or implied warranties of any kind.
This version of the copyrighted software product is provided with NO
If you have any problems downloading the above files please contact
the Management Technology
If you have any questions, contact the Macomb Intermediate School
District at 586-228-3371 or E-mail
04-05 Version 126.96.36.199
- Updated the FTE Count (4061) report to include the proper FTE
04-02 Version 188.8.131.52
- Updated the data validation to allow General Ed FTE for Grade 14
- Updated the FTE Count(4061) report to include a Grade 14(SE
Transition) line item under the K-12 Pupil Membership (F.T.E.) in
General Education section.
- Updated the data validation to report an error if a Grade 14
student is less than 18 years of age by December 1st of the current
03-08 Version 184.108.40.206
- Updated the data validation to for Discipline Consequence days
to allow values over 0.5 days to be entered in one-tenth day
increments without error to comply with CEPI validation rules.
02-27 Version 220.127.116.11
- Updated the data validation to only report a warning for the
Service Coordination Agency on the Early On tab for students who are
less than 2.5 years old and have Special Education data entered if
the count date is Fall or End of Year.
- Updated the data validation in the Result of Initial IEP
characteristic of the Initial IEP component to disregard student
01-24 Version 18.104.22.168
- The program has been updated to comply with the Spring 2013
specifications from CEPI.
12-03 Version 22.214.171.124
- Data validation change: The error for Early Childhood students
being submitted by an entity that is NOT an ISD is now only a
- Data validation change: The Special Ed Primary Education Setting
may be blank if the student has exited Special Ed.
- Data validation change: The attendance can be zero for students
if the GE FTE is = 0.00. The days possible may be greater than zero,
but days attended can be zero.
- MISDmsds will convert the state abbreviation to all upper case
- Data validation change: The EC Assessment Component will report
an error if the student is no longer Grade 30 and does not have an
exit date in either assessment. An error will not be reported if one
or the other assessment contains an exit date.
- The Alpha Report by School/Grade has been changed to ignore
character case of the student names when sorting. This will prevent
"alpha" from appearing after "Zebra"
11-02 Version 126.96.36.199
Changed the text for codes for the Part C Exit Reason in the Early
On Component as indicated by CEPI:
31 – Age 3, Not Part B eligible, w/referral
32 – Age 3, Not Part B eligible, w/o referral
10-11 Version 188.8.131.52
- The import routine has been changed to ignore any leading spaces
in the GE FTE field.
- The data validation for "Initial IEP / Part C Transition
Timeliness" has been changed to conform to the CEPI specification
10-04 Version 184.108.40.206
- Removed retired LEP exit codes.
- The program has been updated to comply with the CEPI rule
changes for the Early On, Initial IFSP, and Part C Transition
09-18 Version 220.127.116.11
- The program has been updated to comply with the Fall 2012 specifications from CEPI.
07-10 Version 18.104.22.168
- The validation for the TSDL Course Identifier Code has been
changed to allow 000 or blank when the subject area code is 00.
- The TSDL import has been modified to allow the import of a blank
value into the Teacher PIC Number field.
07-03 Version 22.214.171.124
- A Special Education Suspensions report was added.
- The subject area code in the TSDL component will show a warning
if the subject area is not typical for the student's grade level.
06-26 Version 126.96.36.199
- Records coded
with an exit status of '00' will be exported even if the enrollment
date is blank.
- The "Find
Error" function on the main screen has been expanded to stop on
warnings in the discipline component.
- The state
codes interface has been enhanced use the
EntityGeographicLEADistrictCode field in the new state codes master
to group non-public schools with their local public school
district. This will allow the non-publics to appear in drop-downs
and other selection lists within the local district.
06-14 Version 188.8.131.52
- Changed the validation rules for Adult Ed Count Period to
conform to the current CEPI manual. Any Adult Ed Count Period is
acceptable for the EOY collection.
- A new warning has been added to the Initial IEP component. A
warning will be generated if the Result of Initial IEP is coded "1
Student was found eligible" and Enrollment Exit Status is coded “00
- The State Codes File/Download From CEPI procedure has been
modified to prevent improper building identification.
06-01 Version 184.108.40.206
- Year-end attendance reporting rules have been added to the
on-screen and printed data validation.
- A new import has been added. This will allow the user to import
TSDL data from a tab-delimited file.
05-23 Version 220.127.116.11
- The program has been updated to comply with the 2012 General
Collection End of Year specifications from CEPI.
- The program has been updated to comply with the 2012 Early
Childhood End of Program specifications from CEPI.
- The program has been updated to comply with the 2011-2012
Teacher Student Data Link specifications from CEPI.
03-12 Version 18.104.22.168
- A check was added for non-numeric data in the Discipline
component for the Initial Days, Secondary Days and Other Days
03-02 Version 22.214.171.124
- The data validation for code 9229 (Seat Time Waiver) in the
Program Participation component has been changed. A warning rather
than an error will be reported if code 9229 is selected and the
student is not in grades 9 through 12
- The data validation for Secondary Days in the Discipline
component has been corrected to report an error if the Secondary
Days is greater than 45 days and the Secondary Consequence Type is
coded 3 or 4.
02-28 Version 126.96.36.199
- The language codes in the LEP section have been updated to match
and include all of the current language codes defined on the CEPI
- Added the validation rule: Fiscal Entity Type in the Early
Childhood component must be A or D. It may not be blank.
- The student age validation for the Primary Educational Setting
in the Special Education component will report errors for the Fall
count and warnings for all other counts.
- Updated the age validation for the Entry Assessment Date in the
Early Childhood Special Education Assessment component to report
warnings when the student’s age is not between 2 ½ years old and 5 ½
02-15 Version 188.8.131.52
- The verification for Timeliness of Initial IEP has been updated.
School Days Beyond Completion of Initial IEP must be blank when
Timeliness of Initial IEP contains code 22 – Child moved into
Michigan from another state with a current IEP.
- Corrected the error message for School Days Beyond Completion of
Initial IEP to read Timeliness of IEP.
- Corrected the age validations for Primary Educational Setting.
01-25 Version 184.108.40.206
- The verification for discipline follow up has been updated.
Follow up is required when the consequences for a Special Ed student
is more than 10 days.
01-16 Version 220.127.116.11
- The address and address2 fields have been updated to accept up
to 100 characters to comply with CEPI guidelines.
01-09 Version 18.104.22.168
- The program has been updated to comply with the Spring 2012
specifications from CEPI.
12-01 Version 22.214.171.124
- The data validation for the Student Record Maintenance as-of
date will now report an error if the as-of date is less than the
11-23 Version 126.96.36.199
- The student record maintenance import was not importing the
maintenance as-of date. This characteristic will now be included.
- The following error check was also added: "GE FTE may not be
claimed when the district is an ISD and the residency code is not 12
- Section 6(4)(d) non-special education juvenile detention"
11-08 Version 188.8.131.52
- The Serious Bodily Injury characteristic of the discipline
component will only be exported if the discipline incident type is
- The Sexual Assault characteristic of the discipline component
will only be exported if the discipline incident type is 60 or 61.
11-04 Version 184.108.40.206
- The UIC must contain leading zeroes if less than 10 characters
- The data validation for the discipline tab now includes checks
for invalid consequence or follow-up codes that may have been
- Serious Bodily Injury can only be included if the incident type
- When the district exit status is 10 a discipline consequence of
5 (Expulsion) must be reported in a discipline record.
- The follow-up characteristic must be entered in a discipline
record if the student is in Special Education and the total
consequence days for the incident is 10 or more.
- The resident district in the Personal Demographics component
must contain a valid public school district code. It may not be a
PSA or ISD.
- General Ed FTE is invalid if the student is not 5 by December
1st of the current school year..
10-26 Version 220.127.116.11
- The student residency characteristic is now required for all
students without exception.
10-25 Version 18.104.22.168
The General and SRM collections export functions have been changed
to export the discipline characteristics Serious Bodily Injury and
Sexual Assault only when the corresponding discipline type for the
incident is coded 60(Physical Violence with Injury) or 61(Physical
Violence without Injury).
10-14 Version 22.214.171.124
- Added the discipline component to the general collection and
student record maintenance xml import functions.
- Added data validation for attendance for exited students.
- Corrected the data validations for Special Education Primary
Educational Setting for students with a residency code of 04, 07,
08, and 15.
- Corrected a problem with the data validation of the "Program"
field, code 01 GSRP, in the "Early Childhood" record.
10-05 Version 126.96.36.199
- For the 4061 report, the month of October has been added and
September removed as valid count date months for this report.
10-04 Version 188.8.131.52
- The program has been updated to comply with the Fall 2011
specifications from CEPI.
09-15 Version 184.108.40.206
- This version includes a new feature that will allow the correct
export for the Michigan Teacher Student Data Link Extension
07-15 Version 220.127.116.11
- If the Course Type in a TSDL course record was blank, the
program would display the first item in the subject area drop-down.
This has been corrected to show the blank Course Type as an error.
07-11 Version 18.104.22.168
- The xml import procedures have been update to accept the value
of “1” to indicate true in the boolean characteristic
06-29 Version 22.214.171.124
- The data validation for the Exit Assessment Date in the Early
Childhood Special Ed Assessment component has been changed to comply
with CEPI specifications. The Exit Assessment Date must be blank if
the Assessment Tool is coded 09 through 18.
- The TSDL export will write the Completion Code in all upper case
letters. This will correct any Completion Codes that may be in lower
or mixed case coming from the user’s SIS.
- The Academic Year in the TSDL Component can now be added by
direct entry or via import into the MISDmsds program.
- We have added the CEPI schema link in the header record of each
xml export file. This will allow XML validation programs like
XMLNotepad to automatically load the schema from the CEPI web site.
Special thanks to David Spitzley of Washtenaw ISD for this
06-21 Version 126.96.36.199
- TSDL codes 55189 Art (ungraded), and 22251 through 22254 (in the
misc section) have been added to the list of available SCED codes.
- The program was putting a default value (AU) in the completion
status if the completion status in the xml file was null. This has
been corrected to fill the field with blanks in this case. However a
value in the completion status characteristic is required by CEPI. A
blank completion status will produce an error message.
- The data validation has been changed to allow blank PIC numbers
only if the subject area code is 00 or the course type is 07 (dual
- The component "ECSpecialEdAssessment" has been added to the
"import user-defined delimited text file" feature.
06-13 Version 188.8.131.52
- An option was added to the TSDL import. The user may choose
whether or not to clear existing courses for a student when merging
TSDL data. This will allow them to add summer school courses to
existing courses in the TSDL component for each student.
NOTE: When using the TSDL import to add course
information to existing courses in the TSDL component, all course
information will be imported. If duplicate course information is
imported, the student will have duplicate courses in TSDL.
- This version adds 06/30/2011 to the list of valid choices for
the Early Childhood count date.
- The data validation rules for the Early Childhood Start Date
have been modified to comply with the current CEPI validation rules.
06-06 Version 184.108.40.206
- This version includes a new feature that will allow the import
of a user-defined delimited text file.
06-03 Version 220.127.116.11
- CEPI made changes to the business rules for the OEAA Assessment
Component of the Early Roster collection. This update incorporates
05-25 Version 18.104.22.168
- This version updates the system to comply with the 2010/2011
end-of-year submission requirements. This version includes a section
for the new Teacher Student Data Link (TSDL) submission. It also
includes the new OEAA Assessment Component for the Early Roster
03-15 Version 22.214.171.124
- The validation for Discipline Length of Action was reporting an
error when the discipline action was "Expulsion" and length of
action was not entered or imported as "888". That would throw an
error if the length of action was entered or imported as "888.0".
The program has been changed to evaluate the entry as numeric which
will allow "888.0".
03-11 Version 126.96.36.199
- Updated the error checking to allow a blank to be submitted in
Student Residency field in the Entity Demographic component if the
student is not being submitted for FTE.
03-07 Version 188.8.131.52
- The error and warning messages related to student age have been
enhanced to include more information about the date used for the age
calculation. This should help clear up any confusion about the error
- A filter has been added to the discipline import procedure for
the "length of action" field. This will prevent imbedded spaces or
control characters from generating a false error message.
02-23 Version 184.108.40.206
- The PowerSchool export has been changed. The MSDS field "Grade
or Setting" will be exported in the "MI_Setting column only if the
Grade or Setting is 14, 20, or 30. Otherwise it will be blank since
the "MI_Setting" is the manual override for the grade level field in
02-18 Version 220.127.116.11
- The program was reporting incorrect error message text when the
discipline length of action contained more than one decimal place.
The validation routine has been corrected to show the appropriate
error message text for this condition. It has also been changed to
not report any error message if there is more than 1 decimal place
and those digits beyond the first decimal place are all zeroes.
02-14 Version 18.104.22.168
Changes in the new version are:
- The validation for SNE has been changed to conform to a recent
change made by CEPI. The SNE component will now be allowed for
- count date selection screen has been updated to show the Spring
2011 collection date for Early Childhood.
01-24 Version 1.5
Changes in the new version are:
- The program has been updated to comply with the Spring 2011
General Collection schema.
- The processing of data validation rules has been thoroughly
reviewed and updated where needed.
12-7 Version 22.214.171.124
This version contains a new report that will list Special Ed Students
who were not exported in the 3WiN export procedure.
Added data validation to report an error if the special education
exit reason or date are entered and the special education fte (Section
52 or Section 53) is greater than zero.
12-2 Version 126.96.36.199
This version contains a procedure to import the Student Record
Maintenance collection xml file.
11-24 Version 188.8.131.52
The changes to this version are:
- The validation for the Student Record Maintenance As of Date has
been modified. It will now show a warning if the date entered is
greater than or equal to the selected count date. In the previous
version this was flagged as an error.
- The tab-delimited audit file for the CRDC Retained in Grade
report has been enhanced to include a column for total FTE.
11-22 Version 184.108.40.206
This version also contains an enhancement for the CRDS “retained in
grade” report. The changes are:
- Another error check was added. In the Special Ed section, if
primary disability is coded the student must have either a Program
Service or a Support Service entered.
- A tab-delimited audit file has been included with the CRDC
"Retained in Grade" report. This will allow the user to confirm the
totals that are printed on the report.
11-18 Version 220.127.116.11
This update implements all of the features needed for the Special
Education Child Count (3WiN). These include:
- A section in the menu tree was added for the Special Education
Child Count (3WiN).
- The Special Ed Child Count (3WiN) count date option has been
added to the "Select count date" screen.
- The Special Education Child Count (3WiN) export function was
added to the program. MISDmsds will export only the 5 required and 2
- A function to import the Special Education Child Count (3WiN)
xml file has been added. Our import will allow the import of any or
all of the components included in the 3WiN schema. This was done
just in case a user needed to import 3WiN data from some other SIS
that exported all components contained in the schema.
- A report of students retained in grade was also added. This
report may be helpful in answering questions 29 through 32 in the
Civil Rights Data Collection.
10-29 Version 18.104.22.168
- Allows entry and export of zeros in Days Present and Days
Enrolled for exited students who do not require attendance.
10-28 Version 22.214.171.124
- Improved the validation routines that deal with Early/Middle
- Corrected a problem that was causing the grade to be truncated
on the exited students report.
10-21 Version 126.96.36.199
- The Supplemental Nutrition Eligibility export and import have
been updated to comply with the 2010/2011 schema.
- A menu item to produce the data validation report sorted by
building with page breaks has been added to the Reports menu.
- This will allow a district to easily distribute validation
reports to their individual buildings.
- The validation rule for the EC Special Ed Assessment has been
changed to allow the values "No" and blank in Outcome 1B, 2B, • and
3B when the exit assessment date is blank
10-11 Version 188.8.131.52
- The initial IEP and EC Special Ed Assessment components could be
placed in the xml file in the wrong order. This would result in an
xml error when uploading to CEPI. This version corrects the problem
and will ensure the components are in the correct order.
10-06 Version 184.108.40.206
- A problem with the Title 1 program participation code in the xml
export has been corrected.
- The program will produce a warning rather than an error if the
attendance is blank and the student has exited.
9-29 Version 220.127.116.11
- The program has been changed to allow the manual data entry of
0.00 in the General Education FTE.
- A problem that would exclude Special Ed FTE in the 4061 report
has been fixed.
- A new report, "Special Ed Program Report" has been added to the
9-24 Version 18.104.22.168
- This version contains the changes for Fall 2010 as defined by
- The Student Record Maintenance export has been modified to
comply with the 2010/2011 xml schema.
- The discipline section has been enhanced. Data entry and import
of the discipline incident ID characteristic has been added to the
8-31 Version 22.214.171.124
- Added support for 2010/2011 Early Roster xml export.
- Added support for the August 25th 2010 Early Childhood xml
- Added an export feature that will build a file of MSDSD data for
import into PowerSchool.
- Added an "Exited Students" report.
8-2 Version 126.96.36.199
- Added Early Roster xml export.
- Enhanced the import procedure to filter out duplicate codes if
found in those fields that can contain multiple codes.
- Added an import for F/R Lunch codes. This feature will import a
tab-delimited file of Supplemental Nutritional Eligibility codes.
6-24 Version 188.8.131.52
- Changes were made to the ROSES import to correspond to changes
made in the MISD Special Education text file export.
6-20 Version 184.108.40.206
- A new feature has been added to import discipline data exported
from the Macomb Behavior Tracking System (MISDbts).
5-18 Version 220.127.116.11
- Several reports have been added to assist in the data gathering
for the Civil Rights Data Collection.
4-23 Version 18.104.22.168
- The program has been updated to export the MSDS End-of-Year 2010
general submission xml file.
- Additional data validation checks have been included.
4-13 Version 22.214.171.124
- As users submitted their data to CEPI there were data errors and
warnings issued that were not found in MISDmsds. Those validation
checks have been added in this version.
3-01 Version 126.96.36.199
- A field name spelling error in the mass-change routine was
corrected. This error would prevent the user from changing the
residence county field.
- A warning message has been added. The School Facility Number in the
Entity Demographics component must not be blank for General or SNE
- An error message has been added. The Enrollment Date in the
Entity Demographics component must not be blank.
- The error message, "IEP date must be within one year of count
date" will not be displayed if an exit date exists in either the
Entity Demographics or Special Ed components.
2-25 Version 188.8.131.52
- Corrected a problem in the Data Summary Report that could count
all students in Title I.
- Added a percent column in the ethnic totals section.
- Changed the wording on several error messages in the Adult Ed
section to avoid confusion.
- Due to the nature of the Adult Ed data, the import procedure
will no longer blank out Adult Ed FTE for exited students.
- Added language code "ssc - Serbian" to the list of LEP primary
2-23 Version 184.108.40.206
- The "Import data from 09-EOY SRSD (Text File)" feature has been
expanded to include the old SRSD field 42, Program Service Code and
field 43, Support Services. The original version of MISDmsds did not
include these fields in the import.
- The early childhood import has been enhanced to prevent the
potential for an operating system access violation error.
- Added a much requested Data Summary report. This is identical to
the data summary report in our previous SRSD02 program.
2-19 Version 220.127.116.11
- A new import feature was added. This feature will allow the user
to import selected components of the general collection. It will
import records, matching on UIC and school number. If a matching
record exists only the data from the selected components will be
imported. For non-matching import records you may set an option in
the program to either skip and report them or importing all
components as a new student record.
- A new feature was added that will allow the user to mass-change
selected fields. This procedure also includes the ability to set
conditions that must exist for a field to be changed.
- The missing attendance warning message for students who are
exempt from attendance reporting has been eliminated.
- On import the FTE for exited students will be cleared out.
2-11 Version 18.104.22.168
- In this version, additional boolean value support has been added
to all of the xml import procedures. In addition to the value
“true”, the import procedures will consider a value of "1" to
In September CEPI would only accept a value of
“true” or “false” in all lower case. Also changed the import to
accept those values regardless of character case. The export however
will write “true” or “false” in all lower case to be certain that
there are no problems submitting the data to CEPI.
affected fields are
UnaccompaniedYouth, Ten30DayRule, and
PlacedByAnotherDistIEP. These fields are found in the
General Collection, Early Childhood, and Supplemental
1-25 Version 22.214.171.124
- Contains the changes for Spring 2010 as defined by CEPI.
- Has a feature that gives the user the option of copying their
Fall09 files into the Spring2010 folder as part of the installation.
Find out more
about the copy files feature
12-14 - Version 126.96.36.199
- Logic was added to prevent a condition that could occur and
cause an access violation error when importing early childhood data.
- The student record maintenance date was added to the early
12-04 - Version 188.8.131.52
- A procedure to import Early Childhood xml files has been added
to the program.
- The data validation routine for Student Residency code has been
11-30 - Version 184.108.40.206
- The middle name field has been expanded from 1 to 25 characters.
You will be able to enter, export and import complete middle names.
However, the printed reports will still show only the middle initial
to avoid the need for multiple lines per student.
- A problem that would cause the Early Childhood program end date
to export as 12/30/1899 if the end date was blank in the database
has been corrected.
- The request for UIC import has been improved. A bug was found
that could prevent the program from importing a new UIC if another
UIC already existed in the database.
11-18 - Version 220.127.116.11
- Changed the IEP date error check. The program will not report a
year-old IEP date as an error if the student has exited Special Ed.
- Changed the error check for addresses. We found that the
information in the CEPI business rules documentation for addresses
did not match the rules in their xml schema. According to the schema
any and all characters are allowed. The error checks have been
changed to reflect the address rules in the xml schema.
- Changed the “Mass Change Utilities/Fix Address” procedure to fix
only city and state fields, as any character is allowed in the
address fields. The menu item name has been changed to “Change
Utilities/Fix City and State”.
- Changed the 4061 report to include the July FTE for Adult Ed
participants who exit before the Fall count date.
- According to the xml schema, uppercase language codes are
invalid. The general collection import procedure has been enhanced
to convert any incoming uppercase language codes to all lowercase to
prevent rejection by CEPI.
- Added two more error checks. Residency code must be 1 through 7
if resident district is not equal to operating district. Residency
code must be 8 through 15 if resident district is equal to operating
- Added an option to the Adult Ed report that will allow you to
show FTE for exited participants.
11-13 - Version 18.104.22.168
- The “set count day” function has been changed to facilitate the
entry of SNE and Early Childhood count dates.
- The General Collection and SNE exports will warn the user if the
count date is not set correctly.
- The SNE export will not export inactive students. It will not
export those students whose exit date is prior to the SNE count
date. It also will not export those students whose enrollment date
is after the SNE count date.
- Changed the Request for UIC import to consider a value of blank
or zero to be equal in the multiple birth order field. This was done
to enhance the match by name routine which compares by name, birth
date and birth order.
- Added a “mix case” function. This can be found under “File/Mass
Change Utilities/Mixed Case – Names”. This function will convert
names that are all upper case to mixed case.
- Added the apostrophe (') to the list of address exception
choices in the “Fix Address” function.
- Added the data entry screens for the Early Childhood submission.
This includes new components for “Early Childhood Fiscal Entity” and
“Early Childhood Programs”.
- Added the Early Childhood xml export. (An Early Childhood xml
import will be coming soon)
11-06 - Version 22.214.171.124
- Enhanced the “Fix Address” procedure to allow the user to select
special characters to be retained. These selected special characters
will NOT be replaced with spaces when the procedure is run.
11-05 - Version 126.96.36.199
- Added two more data validation checks. The Attendance-Days
Attended must not be greater than 200. The Attendance-Days Present
must not be greater than 200.
- Added a second drop-down button next to the Entity
Demographics-School Facility Number to allow the user to select
non-public schools that are not in the operating school district.
- Added a Student Age report.
- Added a FTE < 1.00 report and a FTE > 1.00 report.
- Added a warning message if attendance is blank and the exit date
contains data. This is a warning, not an error, on the CEPI MSDS
- Added more data validation checks to the Special Ed component.
Primary Disability and Primary Educational Setting must be coded if
Special Ed is indicated in Program Participation. Primary Disability
is required if Primary Educational Setting is coded and Primary
Educational Setting is required if Primary Disability is coded. IEP
date must be entered if Primary Disability is coded. If IEP date is
entered, it must be within one year of count date.
11-03 - Version 188.8.131.52
- Enhanced the adult ed section of the imports and xml exports to
prevent potential schema violation errors.
- Added another data validation check. LEP Funding Participation,
Instructional Program, and Primary Language must be coded when other
LEP data is entered.
- The red background was not being cleared in the Advanced and
Accelerated Education-Special Program Options box. This has been
- The general collection import has been enhanced to read the two
character Personal Curriculum codes from PowerSchool and change them
to the 1 character codes required by CEPI.
- Added an option to the SNE import procedure that will allow the
SNE records to be added as new records or merged with existing
- Added a procedure to fix addresses. This feature can be found on
the menu under File/Fix Addresses. This procedure will replace any
invalid characters in the address, address2, and city fields with
spaces. It will also put "MI" in the state field if blank.
10-30 - Version 184.108.40.206
- The program will report an error if the Entity Demographics/Exit
Date is entered and any FTE is claimed. The program will also report
an error if the Special Education/Edit Date is entered and any
Special Ed FTE is claimed.
- The program will report an error if Special Ed FTE is claimed
and there is no entry in the Special Ed Program Service Codes.
- The 4061 report will display an error message for any records
that claim Special Ed FTE but have no entry in the Special Ed
Program Service Codes.
10-29 - Version 220.127.116.11
Changed the way discipline components are
written in the xml file to prevent errors when submitting to CEPI.
All incidents for a student are written first then all consequence
incidents for a student will be written.
Fixed a problem that in certain circumstances,
could prevent the user from saving a manually entered program
Added the country code CS - Serbia
10-29 - Version 18.104.22.168
The program will now require at least the Last
Name and First Name. It will not allow the user to save a record if
the last or first name is blank.
The error reporting in the 4061 report has been
The language code “scr” for Serbo Croatian has
been added to the list of valid language codes.
10-26 - Version 22.214.171.124
10-26 - Version 126.96.36.199
- Added an option that will allow the user to import General
Collection records that have blank UIC numbers. With this feature
blank UIC records from other sources can be imported, error checked,
and exported in the Request for UIC xml file format.
- Added the Supplemental Nutrition Eligibility xml export.
- Added more reports:
- Adult Education report
- Non-Resident Summary Report
- Non-Resident List Report
10-21 - Version 188.8.131.52
- Improved the General Collection xml file import.
- Added a check for operating district to prevent the
accidental import of students who are not in the currently
active district file. The user will be presented with an options
screen if records for students in other districts are found in
the selected xml import file.
- Added an option to import students with duplicate UIC
numbers. This was done to allow a district to import and
maintain multiple records for a single student who is being
serviced at multiple buildings. This feature was also available
- Added a Duplicate UIC report.
- Added a Duplicate Student report.
- Added a Blank and Invalid UIC report.
- Added the 4061 Report
- Found and corrected a problem that could incorrectly indicate
Special Ed in the Program Participation field. This could occur if
the only data entry on the Special Ed page was the value "No" in the
"Placement in District by Another District IEP" field. Running the
data validation report will correct the Special Ed indicator in
10-15 - Version 184.108.40.206
10-16 - Version 220.127.116.11
10-15 - Version 18.104.22.168
Changed the multiple birth order export and
import procedures to prevent writing zeroes when the field is blank.
Changed the error check for Country of Birth
and Year of Entry. Those fields are required for only students
marked Immigrant in the Program Participation field.
Added the following data validation rule: If
any data is entered in the Initial IEP component, the Date of
Parental consent must not be blank.
Added a function to rebuild the file indexes.
This can be found in the menu item "File/Rebuild Indexes". Rebuild
the indexes if the sort order of your students is incorrect or if
you experience problems with the "Find" student feature.
Modified the program to prevent the data entry
and the export of a value of zero in either of the attendance
Added the following data validation rule: Both
attendance fields must be blank or both must contain a valid number
10-13 - Version 22.214.171.124
Changed the program to catch and correct a
potential problem in the general collection import. In some
cases the import could generate an access violation error.
This fix will prevent that error.
Student name index changed to ignore character
case in student name. This will prevent name entered in all
UPPERCASE from sorting ahead of names entered in mixed case or all
10-13 - Version 126.96.36.199
- Added code "7" to the list of valid residency codes.
Added an information window that will appear when the user selects
Export Student Record Maintenance". This window will explain
how records are selected for this export. I have also enhanced
the window message that appears at the end of the Student Record
Maintenance export that will provide an explanation if no records
are selected for export.
10-13 - Version 188.8.131.52
- Added the General Collection xml export to the system.